Release The Hounds!

Welcome to the Archives of Release the Hounds! Please visit the new site--and the radio show--at http://radiohounds.com. Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, October 03, 2005

Harriet Miers

I'm still taking in information, but my first reaction to the nomination of Harriet Miers is none too positive. I am disappointed that she has had no prior judicial experience and, if true, that she had been pre-approved by Senate Democrats (anyone Harry Reid is for, I should look upon with question). Now she may turn out to be the second coming of Antonin Scalia, but the message this nomination sends is the wrong one. I wish I could learn the thinking that went in to this decision and who pushed for it within the Administration. The President missed an opportunity to make a statement with the nomination of a strong conservative with impeccable credentials and then let the Democrats threaten to filibuster. Right now, I'm not happy.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home