Release The Hounds!

Welcome to the Archives of Release the Hounds! Please visit the new site--and the radio show--at http://radiohounds.com. Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Things That Make You Go ??

I thought I was done for the TG holiday but this one can't wait. Giants Stadium is going to set aside "prayer spaces" for...who else, Muslim fans. Oh, yeah. At the Continental Arena (NJ Nets) as well. These facilities are publicly owned (as far as I know) and are run by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority. So a space is being set aside in public facilities for the religious needs of one group. Yeah, Christians and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists can use the "spaces" but they were not created at their request. Also, being a Christian, I'm not aware of any "prayer space" requirements in my religion. So when does the ACLU jump in? [Note: check this story out at StopTheACLU]
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home