Release The Hounds!

Welcome to the Archives of Release the Hounds! Please visit the new site--and the radio show--at http://radiohounds.com. Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Mathematics

I've read in a variety of different places that about 95% of Americans celebrate Christmas. So I thought I'd do the math. Of the group that don't celebrate, I think it'd be fair to say that 95% of that 5% aren't particularly perturbed by the fact that the vast majority of the rest of us do. That therefore leaves us with about .25% of Americans who may feel "offended" or "excluded." So for 1/4th of one percent of the overly-sensitive and self-centered of us, we avoid wishing each other a "Merry Christmas." My hunch is that in most of this great country of ours, it is more likely to be struck by lightning than to offer an appropriate seasonal greeting to someone who would take offense from it.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home