Release The Hounds!

Welcome to the Archives of Release the Hounds! Please visit the new site--and the radio show--at http://radiohounds.com. Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

How Long Will This Classic Be Allowed To Last?

"A Charlie Brown Christmas" first aired in 1965, and I remember it well. I was nine years old at the time. I watched it religiously (I'm not sure if I intended the pun, quite frankly) every Christmas season for probably the next five or so years after that. Then I became to cool for that sort of childish stuff. When I had a daughter of my own in 1991, I sat down with her and began watching it again. If I'm blessed with grandkids someday, I hope to be watching with them. That is, of course, if such an obviously Christian-oriented cartoon is not deemed so inappropriate that it can't be shown on public television for fear of offending non-Christians. I fear it's only a matter of time unless we stand up and be heard. UPDATE: two interesting Christmas history/trivia posts from Italics Mine.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home