Release The Hounds!

Welcome to the Archives of Release the Hounds! Please visit the new site--and the radio show--at http://radiohounds.com. Don't forget to update your bookmarks!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Tide Of Opinion May Be Turning

Jihad Watch brings us this photo taken on 2/1/06 at Ground Zero....Manhattan...USA. Jim Geraghty chronicles the rising tide of recognition by clear thinkers that the problem with Islam may just be...Islam. He painfully describes his own realization that perhaps the problem is much, much larger than many thought (wished-?) it to be: I'm trying to articulate my positive experiences with Muslims over here to my readers, but it's not as powerful and penetrating an image as screaming lunatics burning down embassies and threatening to behead anyone who they believe has insulted them. And frankly, I'm not all that wowed with the reaction of moderate Muslims. I'm not sure how much further I want to stick my neck out defending a faith community that won't loudly and firmly police or rebuke its own members. I share his sentiment, but crossed that Rubicon earlier than he, and am not at all wooed away by the observation that there are many good and upstanding practitioners of the Muslim faith. As it was the responsibility of the "good" Germans in 1935 to effort a way to reign in the more dangerous and metastizing elements of their society (which, unfortunately, did not happen), so it is left for the "good" Muslims to attempt the same. If they do not, their existence will be just a footnote.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home